“You just take things too personally”
This was said in some way to imply a criticism, that taking things too personally was a negative thing and that in some way it might even be a little unprofessional.
Maybe this is an issue and I wonder what the opposite might look like?
- Not caring if you are on the subs bench
- Not bothering when you don’t win a proposal that you worked your socks off on
- Not being bothered when the manager takes you off in a match
- Not caring if your clients project is a success or failure
- Not caring when a team mate is taking abuse by an opposing player
- Happily leaving a client take a route you feel won’t work
- Not celebrating when you score a goal
- Not caring whether your work colleagues get on or not
- Knowing a team mate will go to whatever team pays the biggest money
- Taking no notice when colleagues leave on the button when there are others under pressure
- Not caring when a teammate is treated unfairly by the manager
- Turning up and just doing what you are paid to do
- Not being gutted when you deserved to win a match
- Having no pride in the business
- Feeling no responsibility for the club
- Not being passionate about what you do
This list could go on and on …
Who do you want on your team?